Originally Posted by aus
Great reasoning on why you built it the way you did.
What changes did you try in the DCT that failed?
Wasn't Sticky doing some work with the DCT? Did that provide any benefit?
Thanks Aus, we're not entirely sure why the DCT failed, whether it was the their clutch packs or something else, it appears now that there is no doubt the DCT ECU needs to be tweaked in order to accept any new type of clutch packs, and myself nor ESS wanted to deal with that.
I've decided their wasn't sufficient evidence that they work without some major R&D and I did not want to go down that road. It's not because you don't want to push the envelope, it has to do with being smart and not wanting your car to be down for an unacceptable amount of time, with the DCT we are still in uncharted waters, and if it holds OEM, why change it. Looking back now the slipping clutch was probably do to all the 1/4 mile runs that I did, and I should have just installed a new OEM clutch, but it's part of the deal with a build like this.
While I love the M3, and don't want another car, you're living in an alternate universe if you think BIG Horsepower is reliable, or even that doable in this platform, unless you drive around with slicks all day. Although currently I've yet to see another M3 dyno higher @ this modest psi level, running this blower.
Currently I have no idea what is going on with Sticky's DCT setup.