View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #42
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
I don't think it's the president who is pushing "main street vs wall street". A good number of people had massive amounts of their wealth wiped out by the financial collapse in '08. The sentiment across this nation about wall street has come from that collapse. Look at the occupy movement, he didn't take part, or organize those demonstrations. Those were protests organized by citizens. Those were rallies that expressed how a number of our citizens felt.

Him saying the taxes at the top need to be raised from 35% to 39%, isn't class warfare, it isn't wealth redistribution, its just higher taxes to pay for bills we have run up. There wasn't class warfare n the 90's when the tax rates were at 39%. In fact I recall the nation doing rather well financially. Too bad we can't find a new industry to make tons of money from like the dot com bubble.

I don't think President Obama is trying to vilify the financial sector in a similar way to Jews in Nazi Germany. That statement is a bit of a stretch.
I think you're completely correct xbook. When Obama issued temporary exemptions from Obamacare to large corporations like McDonalds and didnt even consider helping my family's small business, that has been built from the ground up in the poor side of my city 30 years ago (older than me), he was pretty clear about his beliefs.