Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Hi xbook,

Do you have anything to say in reply to my commentary? I was hoping you would. I did not intend to end discussion outright with my post. I realize, however, it is easier to have an opinion about something you don't know about than to actually have a discussion about it.
I don't think it's the president who is pushing "main street vs wall street". A good number of people had massive amounts of their wealth wiped out by the financial collapse in '08. The sentiment across this nation about wall street has come from that collapse. Look at the occupy movement, he didn't take part, or organize those demonstrations. Those were protests organized by citizens. Those were rallies that expressed how a number of our citizens felt.

Him saying the taxes at the top need to be raised from 35% to 39%, isn't class warfare, it isn't wealth redistribution, its just higher taxes to pay for bills we have run up. There wasn't class warfare n the 90's when the tax rates were at 39%. In fact I recall the nation doing rather well financially. Too bad we can't find a new industry to make tons of money from like the dot com bubble.

I don't think President Obama is trying to vilify the financial sector in a similar way to Jews in Nazi Germany. That statement is a bit of a stretch.