Nate4641
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
I'm sure it's a nice place, but booking vacations a year in advance sounds like a huge PITA, as does messing with points, as does being limited on where you can go. Have they ran the numbers to see if they're actually saving anything vs. just picking up the phone a month in advance and booking a room?
Most likely. My parent's are ones to spend money without doing research on it. The point system is actually pretty simple when you look at the calendar and room rates. Certain size rooms are given a point value per day depending on the time of year and tourism trends. At a high tourism part of the year the rooms are worth more. You can stay more time in a smaller room or less time in a bigger room. It is just weird to me that they need to make the points such high numbers when you could knock it down to a few digits max, but like I said it probably sells. My parents love the location and I dont blame them, plus from what I remember, you get huge discounts on other places around the globe. Booking a year out isnt too bad for most in a steady occupation, but being in the military I dont have the luxury to know where I will be that far in advance.

If I had the money I would invest in a good time share, from what I have seen it can be a great deal.
2007 ///M Roadster Interlagos Blue & Dark Beige top over Light Sepang extended leather - 19in Morr VS8.2--RPI exhaust--AFE Intake--DKF Hangers--Vibra Technics Engine Mounts--Cosmos Firewall Braces--BMW Strut Brace--Tekarbon CF Engine Cover--Aero Side Skirts--F10 M5 Knob--LeatherZ Mk4 Armrest--SmartTOP Roof Controller--Zeckhausen Racing CDV--DansDecals Reflector Decals--Clutch Stop--LED Trunk Light--Stubby Antenna