View Single Post
      10-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
Not sure where you are getting this information from, but we have confirmed with RAYS Engineering in Japan that the Super Laps are produced with the exact same forging process as the regular TE37. The only difference is that RAYS shaved down certain areas on the back and center of the wheel to lighten the wheel.

With that said, if you must have a forged wheel, Volk Racing would be the way to go. Otherwise, our wheels have withstood much abuse at the race track over the years for a fraction of the cost and nearly as light.
Thanks. I was hoping they were made the same way, but a few people have said they were made a different way to save cost and that's why they're cheaper than the regular TE37's.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."