10-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: 325i 2006

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
There's a lot of options for you that gives you various results. I tried the following:

Flash LED ring: gives a nice lighting to the face of your subject without having a shadow at the bottom of it, like an On-Camera flash would do. Pretty uniform flash and very bright. Nice bang for the buck if you're on a budget (costed me around $60).

If you can get some budget, (My favorite) Off-Camera flashes: tried two yongnuo 560exII flashes on stands with radio controls. Its nice because you have a lot of control over the shadow created by the flashes or even use small on-flash softboxes. You can simply move the stands in a breeze and try giving them different angles. Some wont try those flashes just because of the price, but i've put them to test against my Nikon SB900 and they reload as fast and dont heat up as fast as the Nikon. Looks like they wont last a lifetime, but for the price; heck why not. (costed me $60 per flash + about 70 for the radio controls).

Liked this so much that I ordered two more to try 360 degrees flash and shoot on top with a light tent. Can wait to try this out. But 2 flash setup is still very nice for about $200.