View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
M3PO
Colonel

Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Why do you say the pipes look too big?
They do look a little large in that first pic. That said, I think a nice diffuser will tone them down a bit. I had a Meisterschaft GT with very similar and it looked really nice with the tips tucked in tight to the diffuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
M3PO you may want to consider the valved version Gintani Sport with your X-Pipe, that way you cover all bases. Valves closed and it's nice and quiet around town but still has that really deep throaty sound, open the valves and it can be very loud, Gintani seems to be loudest under acceleration and quietens right back at cruising, which IMO is ideal. I bet if you get the valved version you won't be changing again. I've been through 4 major brands now and could not be happier with the existing set up. Be interesting to follow your progress.
Meh, I don't mind switching it up. I drive the car a good deal (800-1000 miles per month) so a change in sound every few months is nice.

Also, I am buying this one used from Gintani so it is what it is. The cost of valved systems is beyond what I am willing to spend on an exhaust.