View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Review: Macht Schnell Bypass Track Pipes

Modding never stops! First of all thank you to Tom and Steve at EAS for the dyno time and support. Thank you to Joe for helping me install also.

Last friday with my E92, stock exhaust and no performance mods on the car at the time, I went in for a baseline dyno. Basically I decided I wanted to do something else with the exhaust craving a bit more power that was cost-effective and subtle with sound. Right after getting my numbers down, we went back to the shop to install the Macht Schnell Bypass Track Pipes. Just had the "after" dyno done yesterday. Ill get the most important part out of the way, the dynos:

Like most, I wouldnt want to put anything on my car that didnt make power. I was very satisfied with the results. Driving-wise, Id say the sweet spot is from about 4500 rpm to 7000 rpm. There is continuous gain throughout the whole powerband nonetheless. At around 6000 rpm, a gain of 23-24 whp can be seen.

Here's a soundclip we took:

With the track pipes, a throatier tone is produced. As others have mentioned before, this is how the exhaust should sound stock.

Here are some pics from install:

Thanks guys

Last edited by info@trinityautosport; 10-17-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0