10-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
FormulaMMM
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robz26 View Post
Formula, did your "cowbell" have a similar springy twang to it? In that video, I am backing up / moving forward *very* slowly (like 1 mph)... it's highly unlikely a pebble would make that much noise with the tire barely rotating... it would probably just roll along the bottom of whatever container it's in.

It really seems like some sort of spring is involved.

Rob
Hey Rob, my cowbells sounded exactly like your cowbell. And I too only heard it as I was creeping up to a stop, rolling out of the garage, etc. Actually, I recall that I had my lady stand next to the car as I went forward and back 1-2 feet in the garage so that she could isolate the noise for me (driver's rear wheel). So I heard it loud and clear just barely moving.

I don't know for certain what it was, but it definitely became dislodged and went away with some hard accelerations and stops. Worth a shot at least. Maybe you have a different issue, but like I said no distinction to be made between what I heard on your audio and what I experienced.
DCT E90 M3: Akrapovic Evolution, KW Clubsport, Stoptech ST-40 Front + Pagid RS29 | Stock Rear + Stoptech SP, Apex ARC-8 + Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/35/18 (street), Apex EC-7 18x10 ET25 + Nitto NT01 275/35/18 (track), tbd...
Past: Velos Designwerks Tune, Megan Racing Catback, Macht Schnell Filter