10-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
paradocs98
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
For comparison, Spring Mountain Motorsports Park near Vegas (well, 60 miles near) is now something like $35k up front, plus $400/month, plus daily fee ($65 iirc). It's getting to be really nice and it'll soon have a 6 mile configuration. Six. Miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB View Post
I looked into this and the membership for the upcoming Alpine course paradocs mentioned. I decided I'd rather just go to these tracks and others by joining in on track days with various groups. PS. Look into Alpine if you want to be a member at a track. It is more like a country club with a racetrack than NJMP (racetracks with a restaurant) and if you register preconstruction, the membership cost is far less than the expected cost once construction begins.
One of my friends has done the Spring Mountain Corvette school a couple of times, and from what he says, it's a really nice facility. The east coast clubs seem to be less developed. Maybe it's due to their establishment around the time of the 2008 financial crisis, but Monticello in 2010 was at nowhere near the level of development of Spring Mountain, and NJMP has two fantastic circuits but has yet to really develop the luxury amenities/surroundings. NJMP's "villas" seem pretty basic from the outside.

Here's hoping, though, that these facilities survive and prosper. It would be a shame to lose some of these amazing roadcourses.