Originally Posted by rdvs-can
I have a couple of quick questions I hope someone can enlighten me on. I have a 08 E92 M3 that I would like to upgrade with the LCI/LED tail ights. I understand a little bit or work is involved. I also have Dinan Stage 1 ECU upgrade. This is what I believe I req:
1. Purchase the lights ($500-$600);
2. Purchase Front module (LCI support module)
3. Recode the car for the LCI
4. Recode the Car back to the ver of software
5. Recode the Dinan
My questions are:
1. Can the recode for the LCI be a DIY and if so, what is required?
2. Is it absolutely req'd to recode for the LCI?
3. If not, what errors occur etc?
I'd really like to upgrade but I must admit to being somewhat reluctant to re-install the software and Dinan all over. I just had the software updated to the most recent (May 2012 ver) avail.
That will be incorrect. There is no software updates REQ. for the light. You should not lose your tune.
Here's how I did it on my previous 2008 E92:
1. Remove olds lights
2. Install the new lights with the harness
3. I opted to just disable bulb check on the taillights (this way I do not have to buy the FRM [Module you speak of]
4. Coding instructions in the coding section.
Total Cost: Purely the cost of the taillights ($500-$550?) + your time.
The lights will work regardless of whether you code or decide to replace the FRM (more OEM way). The lights will however hyperblink because the car thinks the taillight bulbs are going out. This is because the new LCI lights have lower power draw.
- 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
- BPMTune Stg1, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
- 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.