Originally Posted by spr
Yeah where is current cheapest deal? Looks like about $500 for set and you don't need a fw3 because you can code fw2.
I have a couple of quick questions I hope someone can enlighten me on. I have a 08 E92 M3 that I would like to upgrade with the LCI/LED tail ights. I understand a little bit or work is involved. I also have Dinan Stage 1 ECU upgrade. This is what I believe I req:
1. Purchase the lights ($500-$600);
2. Purchase Front module (LCI support module)
3. Recode the car for the LCI
4. Recode the Car back to the ver of software
5. Recode the Dinan
My questions are:
1. Can the recode for the LCI be a DIY and if so, what is required?
2. Is it absolutely req'd to recode for the LCI?
3. If not, what errors occur etc?
I'd really like to upgrade but I must admit to being somewhat reluctant to re-install the software and Dinan all over. I just had the software updated to the most recent (May 2012 ver) avail.