Thread: BMW M3 or 335i?
View Single Post
      10-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #144
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 Jerez Black e90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
I dunno, i wouldn't be able to justify the price difference/insurance/fuel for just the front end looks and sound. 335 can sound very good as well (hell, new m3 will come with the same engine), inline 6's of bmw sound like sex. With the proper exhaust, it will sound sick.

That's just me. We have a group of people here that have m cars, and they never go above 100mph, and mostly just cruise, and never track, and never drive fast... I consider it a waste... as in money wasted. Why buy performance car and not go fast? I mean if you want to show off, buy a ferrari, but showing off in m3 is silly, most don't even know what it is.

I'm pretty sure a Toyota Camry can get to 100mph, so we should get one if we don't track our cars?

That's like saying why buy a chronometer if you're not going to time races with it?

Why buy a big house if you're not going to have kids? .

If Ferrari ever sell a car of the same dimensions as an e90 m3 with an NA v8 and four doors, I'll trade mine in for that so I don't look silly in my m3, and to show off properly as you suggest.

Doesn't feel like wasted money to me. It's always an indication of discomfort at ones own choices in life when we start worrying deeply about total strangers and their money wasting ways.

I've already explained why I bought it, and you've already explained why you didn't. We can now go around and around in circles explaining ourselves in slightly reframed terms, or be happy for each other as we both drive nice BMWs.
MMMMM3 is offline   Australia