I thought the post can help me form a better decision on the modifications I am thinking about.
First my goals are
- To get to the same horsepower to weight ratio as the coupe (yeah I have a convertible)
- If I go catless, I would like to be able to easily change and go back to stock (complete bolt-on, no cutting, welding or fabricating and I need to be able to use any 'cat-back' or rear muffler sections after the resonators) in case I need to do it for inspection.
Based on my calculations (assuming a 15% delta between CHP and WHP) I will need to aim for at 410 WHP and I would like to stay NA if possible.
The improvements I am currently thinking off are
- Air filter (probably BMC race) – still need to check whether I have the restrictive stock filter.
- Dynamic air scoops (either RPI, aFe, etc…)
- Pulley (probably Macht Schnell)
- Primary and secondary cat delete (either Borla X-Pipe with test pipes and 4 resonators, Dinan High Flow Middle Racing Exhaust or Gintani E9X M3 X Pipe)
- Tune 93 Octane
- In the future I might go with new mufflers (looking at weight savings; titanium, but this will be pricey); either Akrapovic Slip-On or Remus.
So my questions now are
- Can I use the stock OEM muffler with all of the listed X-pipes?
- Was someone able to do this complete bolt-on, no cutting, welding or fabricating and any 'cat-back' or rear muffler sections after the resonators?
- If yes, would it be possible to get sound clips? – assuming nobody lives in the area so I can listen to these combinations.
Feedback and opinions are welcome.
Thanks for reading,