View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
guentherkapp
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2010 E93 M3

Your thoughts and feedback catless X-pipe with resonators (4)

I thought the post can help me form a better decision on the modifications I am thinking about.

First my goals are
  • To get to the same horsepower to weight ratio as the coupe (yeah I have a convertible)
  • If I go catless, I would like to be able to easily change and go back to stock (complete bolt-on, no cutting, welding or fabricating and I need to be able to use any 'cat-back' or rear muffler sections after the resonators) in case I need to do it for inspection.

Based on my calculations (assuming a 15% delta between CHP and WHP) I will need to aim for at 410 WHP and I would like to stay NA if possible.

The improvements I am currently thinking off are
  • Air filter (probably BMC race) – still need to check whether I have the restrictive stock filter.
  • Dynamic air scoops (either RPI, aFe, etc…)
  • Pulley (probably Macht Schnell)
  • Primary and secondary cat delete (either Borla X-Pipe with test pipes and 4 resonators, Dinan High Flow Middle Racing Exhaust or Gintani E9X M3 X Pipe)
  • Tune 93 Octane
  • In the future I might go with new mufflers (looking at weight savings; titanium, but this will be pricey); either Akrapovic Slip-On or Remus.

So my questions now are
  • Can I use the stock OEM muffler with all of the listed X-pipes?
  • Was someone able to do this complete bolt-on, no cutting, welding or fabricating and any 'cat-back' or rear muffler sections after the resonators?
  • If yes, would it be possible to get sound clips? – assuming nobody lives in the area so I can listen to these combinations.

Feedback and opinions are welcome.

Thanks for reading,
Guenther