View Single Post
      10-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
It doesn't always cost that much per person, although prices rise dramatically on New Year's Eve. The trips I've been on, we usually spend $400-$500 per bottle before gratuity. If there is a small group of us like 3 or 4, we'll just get one bottle. For a larger group we'll get two bottles. Here's an example of why I prefer bottle service assuming the prices aren't gouged for a holiday:

Let's say you are a group of 4 and want to go to a club, so you decide to wait in the regular entrance line. After waiting for who knows how long, you each pay $50 for cover to get in totaling $200 for the group so far. Once inside, you still need drinks which cost $10-$12 each. To keep things simple, let's say each person has four drinks apiece at $12 each. Of course, your mileage may vary depending on how much or how little everyone drinks. Those drinks plus 20% gratuity come to around $230 putting the group total to $430. Now had you gone with bottle service, you would not have to wait in the regular line and the cover charge is waived. The other big benefit with bottle service is that you have a place for your group to sit at instead of standing around the bar or dance floor. Don't forget, you also don't have to wait in line at the bar for drinks.

$500 for a group of 4 is understandable.

I was saying $500 per person++++

Ironically though, I remember when I was there earlier this year with a large group (20+ people), I'd say 50/50 guy/girl split, maybe a couple more girls, we were able to get in to a club (don't remember the name, but it was on the strip and decent) for free, and the girls all got wristbands for free drinks. They kept going and getting free drinks and then giving it to us
That was cool.

But yeah, your explanation makes sense.
The $500+ per person...still boggles my mind