View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #14
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I'm shocked he didn't bring up the "47%" comment... I figured at some point he'd feel like a cornered dog and fight back, but he never did.

It's been all over the news. Either he just feels so comfortable with his small lead that he was being too relaxed, or he was just flabbergasted at what was happening. I think it was a little of both. President Obama has been known to be a little arrogant, so I wouldn't be surprised that he just shrugged it off because he thinks he's already going to be re-elected.

I honestly don't know if what happened last night will change the way anyone was thinking though... I think it will just reinforce conservatives that were already going to vote for Romney.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

In a way this quote reminds me of what I believe is a big reason that Obama will be re-elected. There are just too many people that rely on the government for assistance and have become comfortable living with it, and that number has continued to rise throughout his presidency.

You can tell me that I'm just piggy-backing off of Romney's 47% comment all you want (not you specifically, Templar, but people in general), but people with common sense have seen this coming for years.