View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
Barack Obama has been so totally coddled by the liberal media that he looked absolutely shell-shocked in this debate. Stunned, unhappy, angry, sour -- and at some points genuinely incoherent.

Romney has had nowhere near that kind of treatment. He had serious opponents in the primaries -- all of whom in their own way forced him to confront his ideas in a serious fashion. Conservatives were on his heels. The Obama media never let up. The man went through the political equivalent of boot camp.
Yup, if you are surrounded by yes-men and those in the media who so desparately want to believe your unrealistic "hope and change" mantra that they wont dwell on anything which challenges it, then the cold hard light of day can be a harsh awakening. I guess 4 years of the George Clooneys of the world kissing your ass and telling you how wonderful you are, after a while you start to actually believe it.

"The president could barely look at Mitt Romney, which was interesting. He really wouldn't engage with him, where as Romney would take the president on, on every issue." said CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger.

While Romney's body language seemed energetic, the president's body language was just the opposite. He seemed a bit irritated.

"I don't think anyone's ever spoken to him like that over the last four years. I think he found that not only surprising but offensive. It looked like he was angry at times," added CNN Senior Political Analyst David Gergen, who has advised both Democratic and Republican presidents.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/04/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1