View Single Post
      10-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #78
benzo23
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

I really think they make these "special editions" just to unload leftover performance parts from the factory. Think about it the e92 body is on its way out and im sure they have piles of splitters, steering wheels, comp wheels, exhaust and spoilers left that they know will be in WAY less demand once the new 4 coupe coupe comes out. Best marketing strategy is to make a special edition that INCLUDES all of these left over parts so they can try to re coup some money instead of eating leftovers. Look at the past year, the "performance edition", "china edition", i forget the limited one that was the south africa release, now the lime rock edition. If I had to guess the reason why every one says ONE/200 is because there are more then 200 of them lol. If that wernt the case I believe they would each be serially numbered. Imagine having 3 people with number 44 or something lol. Just my opinion, would I drive one? Of course im not knocking it, but at the end of the production run this is starting to make business sense for them. Like someone posted why make a lime rock road course edition car and only have cosmetic mods?