Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Hello, all.

If I bring out a different set of wheels, could someone let me borrow their floor-jack so I can switch them out at the start and finish of the track-day?

(I don't want to buy one of those things if I'm only going to use it once or twice in 2012.)

- V
I'll have a jack.

If you want one of your own, check out Harbor Freight. Yes, their tools are total crap but the jacks work fine for track usage. Usually there's a coupon in every automotive magazine for a similar jack below in the $60-$70 range. The do have their issues. You should loctite the bolts because some will get loose. Don't rely on the jack to support the car while you crawl under it. Of all jacks...I would trust this one the least.

Harbor Freight Floor Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Joseph View Post
going sticky tires?

anyone know anywhere to get hankook rs3? (other than tirerack and discounttire?)
Cheapest place is Discount Tire. Tire rack is cheaper and probably but Discount Tire wil match the price. If you get the road hazard with Discount Tire, make sure Discount knows that Tire Rack's road hazard provides a free replacement for the first 12 months or 2/32" tread...whichever comes first. Discount Tire's program is different.

I got a set of 4 255/40R17's out the door, installed and with road hazard for $700. Which is about the same price as Tire Rack with shipping.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!