10-01-2012, 06:33 PM
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area
► APEX | Brand New AST 4200 Dampers for your M3 *Ready to ship immediately!*
AST 4200 Dampers
We've got a set of the AST 4200s specifically made for the e8x 1M and e9x M3 chassis, ready to ship immediately!
Price: $2599+ shipping
Hyperco Springs in custom spring rates and Vorshlag Camber plates are available for an additional cost if you'd like to order everything together! Also note that these come with the beefier Grand-Am Sway Bar mounts on them that are used on the Grand-Am Race Cars!
The 4200 Series shocks use AST’s Twin Piston Dual Adjust (TPDA) technology. Similar non adjustable versions have been found in the highest forms of racing. TPDA builds on this technology to allow for 2 adjustment knobs to be mounted on the shock body (no tools required). Quick rebound and compression changes can be made in the pits in seconds. 4200s are fully customizable and rebuildable. Hand built in Holland, these monotube, high pressure nitrogen shock absorbers are some of the finest on the market.
AST-USA offers full rebuilding and revalving services for AST shocks at competitive prices. This includes quick turn around when you need it the most.
AST coilovers are monotube, high pressure nitrogen shock absorbers. Why do you care? Most other products on the market are twin tube designs that are not pressurized, or only have 1-2 atmospheres of nitrogen inside a little bag. Monotube shocks offer the biggest pistons for more control and the high nitrogen gas pressurization in monotubes (8-12 atmospheres) means the oil will never cavitate around the piston. This is particularly important in environments where the vehicle makes rapid changes in direction like during an autocross or while road racing because a monotube shock will continue to provide consistent damping force and performance. Monotubes also allow for a wider damping range and can more easily provide a better ride with stiffer spring rates - we usually start with 3X the stock rates and often go to 6-7X the stock spring rates, even on street driven cars. This is the same technology used on $7,000-10,000 shocks packaged here in a competitively priced kit.
- Monotube dampers that use 22mm shafts for struts and 14mm shafts for shocks
- Thicker Grand-Am versions of the sway bar mounts, used on Grand-Am cars
- Nitrogen charged to 175 psi for 22mm shaft shocks and 265 psi for 14mm shaft shocks
- Utilizes AST's Load Bearing Piston (LBP) for all strut designs (AST is the only coilover in this price range to use this feature)
- Steel bodied struts and shocks all use European KTL coating which is stronger and more weather resistant than powder coat or wet paint found on most shocks
- Utilizes design principles required for grueling TUV testing including withstanding 1 million cycles with 1100 pounds of side load on the strut
- Rebound and Compression adjustable
- Fully rebuildable and revalvable
- Shortened appropriately for lowered performance cars
- The 4000 series have been tested at events including SCCA Nationals, NASA Nationals, 25 Hours of Thunderhill and Grand Am races
- Valved for a comfortable, agressive street ride that performs great at the track
Ordering and Contact
- 2 Front AST 4200 Double Adjustable (12 adj. Rebound on Top, 12 adj. Compression on Bottom) Monotube Struts
- 2 Rear AST 4200 Double Adjustable (12 adj. Rebound on Top, 12 adj. Compression on Bottom) Monotube Shocks
- AST Front Spring Perches for 60mm springs and your OEM upper strut mounts (removed when bought with camber plates)
- AST Tool Kit
- Phone: Call (888) 499-9135 EXT. #1 for phone orders.
- Payment: Credit and Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal. Bank Wire Transfers are also available. Contact us to use a wire transfer for payment on your order.
- Tax: California customers will be charged 8.75% CA sales tax.
- Shipping: APEX ships all orders with UPS.
- APEX Hours:
Monday thru Friday: 9AM to 6PM PST
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Warehouse and local pickup: The APEX warehouse is at 7888 Marathon Drive, Unit A, Livermore, CA, 94550 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #2. This is where you pick up local orders.
- Service and Installation: Apex Performance Services - Dublin: 6443 Golden Gate Drive, Dublin, CA 94568 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #3
Last edited by David@ApexRaceParts; 10-08-2013 at 07:12 PM.