10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area
► APEX | Vorshlag Camber Plates for your M3 w/ OEM Style Springs *Now Available!*
Vorshlag Camber Plates
Camber plates designed specifically to meet the needs of your BMW E9x M3/ E82 1M. This camber plate can only be used with OEM diameter springs (OEM springs, lowering springs, some coilovers) and can be used with virtually any strut type.
Featuring CNC construction for the bearing holder and main plate, including engraved: hash marks for adjustment, side and front markings, and the snazzy Vorshlag "VM" logo. Easily adjust camber trackside with Vorshlag camber/caster plates. Oversized spherical bearings are designed to withstand the rigors of street and track abuse. All components are plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life. Vorshlag produces numerous variations of this plate to fit the exact strut being used in your application. The Vorshlag upper spring perches allow us to add a sealed radial bearing that isolates the spherical bearing in the camber plate from radial turning loads of the strut shaft during steering inputs. This is part of why our plates last the lifetime of the car!
Vorshlag Camber/Caster Plates for 1M/M3 w/ OEM Style Springs - $529
Vorshlag Camber/Caster Plates for 1M/M3 - $529
In order to properly use Vorshlag camber plates, you must choose the option below to include Vorshlag upper spring perches that match your strut brand and spring type. Vorshlag camber/caster plates are designed to be compatible with 2.5, 2.25" and 60mm coilover style springs. This camber plate does not work with OEM (stock) style springs including KW brand V shaped springs. Vorshlag makes numerous variations of this plate and accompanying perches to work with your set-up. The Vorshlag upper perches allow us to add a sealed radial bearing that isolates the spherical bearing in the camber plate from radial turning loads of of the strut shaft during steering inputs. This is part of why our plates last the lifetime of the car!
Before you order:
- Compatible with OEM inner diameter springs only and all struts
- No need to change camber plates when switching from regular springs to coilovers - some companies sell you two totally different camber plates for coilover springs and factory style springs.
- Installs with basic hand tools, no chassis modifications required.
- Plates are designed specifically for BMW E82 1M and E90/E92 M3.
- Caster & Camber are independently adjustable.
- Camber is easily adjustable at the track from the engine compartment with simple (metric) hand tools. No need to reach inside the wheel well with a wrench to tighten.
- The spherical bearing used in the Vorshlag camber plate is the largest used in any BMW camber plate on the market. The result is much better durability and wear characteristics than the undersized bearings used in our competitors' plates.
- Designed for maximum suspension travel (bump travel). More than an inch more strut travel than some of our competitors' designs.
- 100% CNC machined, alloy steel construction - Tough as a German Tank!
- All components plated for maximum corrosion resistance and long life.
- Engraved with Vorshlag logo, alignment hash marks, applicable model, and side/front orientation.
- Vorshlag Upper spring perches required
- Expect at least -1 degree and a maximum of -2.8 to -3.0 degrees camber.
- New and improved .25" thick top ring (introduced Dec 2008) for increased clearance between Vorshlag long reach M12x1.5 strut top nut to factory (faux) strut brace. Improved low profile bolt ring for more clearance when used with OEM style perches.
Ordering and Contact
Please pick your strut brand and sizes from the drop down below. This helps us build the spring perches to fit your struts with a tight tolerance and no slop - for quiet, reliable use. We are working on sourcing components for these to fit OEM M3 EDC and non-EDC struts.
- Phone: Call (888) 499-9135 EXT. #1 for phone orders.
- Payment: Credit and Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal. Bank Wire Transfers are also available. Contact us to use a wire transfer for payment on your order.
- Tax: California customers will be charged 8.75% CA sales tax.
- Shipping: Free shipping only to domestic orders within the lower 48 states via UPS. We do ship internationally!
- APEX Hours:
Monday thru Friday: 9AM to 6PM PST
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Warehouse and local pickup: The APEX warehouse is at 7888 Marathon Drive, Unit A, Livermore, CA, 94550 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #2. This is where you pick up local orders.
- Service and Installation: Apex Performance Services - Dublin: 6443 Golden Gate Drive, Dublin, CA 94568 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #3
Last edited by David@ApexRaceParts; 10-08-2012 at 07:28 PM.