View Single Post
      09-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #29
Mr Tonka
says, Drastic times call for drastic measures

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Sorry guys, I don't agree with this. I do believe it is a very un-American as well. This sort of system would surely act to consolidate power among a privileged class. That is exactly the kind of thing the founders of this country were getting away from in the nation's infancy. What I mean is, while women couldn't vote and slavery was still a thing back then, the spirit of the constitution was to promote true democracy and has since done that. While I agree that most people choose their vote for the wrong reasons, everyone's vote should still matter despite who they are. Everyone deserves a voice no matter how stupid that voice sounds.
I would have to question who taught you your history. That's not what our founding fathers wanted by any stretch. I think i understand your opinion though, that everything the government does affects all people in the country and that everyone in the country should have a say in who's running it. A valid point indeed.

Do you have issue with convicted felons not being able to vote?

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 09-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States