09-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #31
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan

Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
Talking Get the warranty guy trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Here's the pricing for the extended warranty. There are different grades, starting with just powertrain to platinum, which includes the electronics including iDrive. These are said to be the MSRP figures. With apologies to Clarkson, some say that you can negotiate a better price, and that there are wholesale prices available somewhere to be found.
+1 don't worry about the maintenance warranty you can cover any of that cost. I have the platinum which includes the electronics and idrive. Because anything that goes wrong and makes this car go into limp mode $$$$ its going to cost you that is the way I look at. I currently have 80,000 miles on my M3 and I had my share of problems before my extended warranty and during my current extended warranty . Limp Mode problem #1 was theThrottle control valve and a faulty number two o2 sensor at the same time. They fixed the throttle control valve on the car but something was still wrong only to find out a faulty o2 sensor. They had my car for almost a month to figure out this problem. Limp Mode problem #2 is when I had the number 7 valve spring come off the car lucky for me it did no damage they tore my engine apart to fix this problem . I had a bad transmission synchronizer my 3rd gear would grind at high rpm. They replaced my transmission. I had a EDC sensor go bad, covered under warranty. I had my rear drive shaft bearing go bad it was covered under warranty . I had my battery go dead this not covered under extended warranty $300.00+ just the battery $200+ to reset the computer after replacing the battery I have to take my M3 in for new rear brakes I am sure this will be $300-$400 to replace them. My M3 has mods on it and non of the mods caused any of my problems I had on my M3 so far I also don't track my M3. My M3 is not my daily driver anymore I only drive it on the weekends and to place in car shows. Another current problem I have is that my battery was replaced less than a year ago and is going dead again WTF if you plan to grow old and keep your M3 like me get a warranty Do anyone know a good place for a warranty after 100,000 miles I'm driving on borrowed time now

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser

Last edited by SHADY1; 09-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.
SHADY1 is offline   United_States