Thread: SiriusXM Option
View Single Post
      09-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #9
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.

Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Why even bother with sirius? pandora, slacker, spotify all stream via bluetooth and are FREE, or much cheaper if you want unlimited skipping. I see no value in paying for sirius these days. I would rather pay the streaming apps with no commericals and unlimited skips than sirius. Heck, Slacker radio will even let you download as much music as you want to your phone for offline use too.
I agree that streaming music is the way to go... I use MOG all the time, which I believe is built into the iDrive System. The downside to streaming is the quality of sound. The quality is usually around 96kbps unless you set it to stream at higher bit rates... then the issue is with the amount of data you have purchased through your cellular provider and the limitations of a 3G cell signal.

Yes, streaming is ideal, if unlimited data plans and full US 3G coverage was available.

One of the things I used to like with XM is the traffic info. I'm not sure if this is built in different with BMW; however, when I had my Kenwood system, all NAV Traffic was pulled via XM Radio.
Cyclone Chris is offline   United Kingdom