View Single Post
      09-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #18
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Which does little to determine if I'm a greedy person or not. I acquired this vehicle through honorable means and succeeded by the choices I've made. That's not greed.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/greed
"An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth".

Nobody NEEDS >400hp, or floating rotors in a car they drive on the street. The fact you have such a car, instead of a more modest 328 or something, does determine if you are a greedy person. Nothing wrong with wanting more than you need, but no point in pretending you are something you are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
But if you can show signs of Moore exploiting someone for his own personal financial gain, you'd have a case.
Seriously? I think you do not have to look far to find many examples of people who would argue that Moore's films are hardly fair, balanced objective documentaries. He is famous for his selective editing, taking snippets out of context, etc to put a definitive spin on his movies. Many who where ambushed and edited heavily have in fact accused him of exploitation of tragedies to further his own agenda (and fill his bank account).

There are a lot of true documentaries on PBS and the like, and if you watch them, you will probably not be able to determine what the makers political beliefs were, or if there was some ideological position they were trying to advance (beyond educating the viewer). Not many would argue that Michael Moore comes even close to falling into that category.