View Single Post
      09-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
That's not an excuse. It comes down to our values.
According to your profile, you drive a 2011 M3. That is hardly a modest car, and in fact costs more than the median average income by a large margin. Ownership is such a car is well beyond the means of the vast majority of hard working, well meaning people in this country.

In fact, you could buy a E46 M3, or something like that, which is still a very fine car, higher quality, better performance, more crashworthy, etc than the average car, and take the difference and donate it to charity or something, and yet you choose not to. Nobody NEEDS an M car. I dont, but I have one because I choose to spend my money that way. I would never chastise someone else as being greedy considering what I drive, I might as well get the word hypocrite tattooed on my forehead.

Reminds me of Michael Moore, condescendingly slamming the wealthy business owners every chance he gets, while living in a multi-million dollar manhattan apartment that only the 1% would qualify to get a mortgage for. Or Al Gore, whose multiple large mansions consume a MUCH larger carbon footprint than the average family home by a huge margin. If Al wants to slap me on the wrist for raping the environment, then he bloody well better be living in a 500 sq ft apartment, and ride his bicycle everywhere.