Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongpi View Post
I saw an M3 yesterday that was super clean, one previous owner, low miles, and the right price. Basically everything I can possible ask for. But I have noticed that it's been in the dealer's possession for two months now. Should this be a red flag?

If you bought a used M3, would you mind sharing how long it was available for before you took it?
I purchased my last two M3's brand new ... the last one I returned to the dealer only since the wife decided to go to only one car (btw she changed her mind and we still have the DD) and I switched from MT to a DCT car.

The car returned was a 2012 M3 and when I returned her had only 2000 KM on the odometer. The car was on the lot for sale for over 3 months. Naturally this car was like brand new, I treat my cars with kid cloves.

I think, to get to your question, not everyone has this kind of money to purchase this high end car also the percentage of folks looking for a M3 is rather low. So a car like this on the lot for that period of time is in my opinion not that unusual.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
I think it depends on the dealer's pricing, reputation, and location. Also the overall condition of the car compared to the price.
I have to agree with this, in my case I think the dealers asking price was way too high, he must have lowerd the price and the car then sold.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found