View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #78
Roman@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: ESS Supercharged E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
I am the owner and driver of the 2011 e90 with the ESS-vt2-625 that competed in 2012 one lap. I don't have a fight in here - that is not my intention. I am here just to mention some facts that I know is 100% true and then you guys can hash it out and everyone else can make their own conclusions.

1. Yes in 2011 my e90 was completely stock, so the AA equipped car beating us really wasn't a big deal. SC vs NA - SC wins.

2. OLOA (one lap of america) 2012 was different because I had just installed the ESS kit to be more competitive. And yes, I did run out of gas on the LAST track event on the FINAL lap TWO TURNS before the finish line... how embarassing... Road america was a 4 mile track - we thought we'd make it with half a tank of gas. wrong... so we paid the price.

3. Just before we ran out of gas, we had a clear win in view... we were headed for 8th overall and 1st in class (lots of points ahead of the AA car). Then the unthinkable happened - no gas.... After that we ended up 12th overall (which is still not bad) and 2nd in class. (The AA car took first)

4. I know in 2011 the AA car was running meth... I do not know if they were running meth in 2012, but I'd assume so. My car was just a simple vt2-625... We didn't want to complicate things or have to keep pouring meth into a tank in the truck.

5. One more thing to note..... there was a 1/4 event at brainerd... this is where the SC cars really shine.... here are the results

Our car did a 12.153 and was 7th overall (among lots of highly modified GTR's, vettes, and p cars)
The AA car did a 12.912 (20th overall)

(http://www.onelapofamerica.com/event...=52&eventId=31)

Any questions, I'm here to help... but I'm only qualified to answer questions about my car. If I had experienced the AA kit as well then I'd be qualified to answer both and compare etc... just questions about my car

Thanks for clearing up some of the unknown missing facts on the event in question. Like I said before it is always best to know all of the facts. It sounds like I was correct in assuming your running out of gas had an impact on your standing results that were being discussed.

Getting back to the topic we have seen our SC cars perform very much like stock NA or modded NA cars do at the track when it comes to cooling. Just like stock the SC software will limit power when the vehicle temps reach a point. This is done simply to keep the car safe. A couple NA race cars that we tuned ran very hot this summer at the track when driven hard. These cars had very good results with upgraded cooling components oil, dct etc.. we are currently testing some parts we developed that we are hoping can help with improving the cooling on NA and FI cars at the track. With all of the variables that can affect cooling and the fact that some cars never have issues and other do when pushed hard at the track it is good to collect as much data as we can from customers.

Last edited by Roman@ESS; 09-20-2012 at 11:09 PM.