View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #41
48Laws
Captain

Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Why are you using such inflammatory terms? I would invite you to scour my previous posts in this thread and point out where I have used the subjective terms such as "disgusting" or "lazy" to describe the objective state of being poor. That is an association that you are making, not me.

I'd also invite you to demonstrate where I made the argument that being poor is a state desired my many, that people would aspire to.
Having had my own father pass away just before my 3rd birthday, I have years of experience with that first hand. Rather than feeling sorry for myself and letting the gov subsidize me, I went out, busted my ass, skipped a lot of social events in high school to study so I could earn scholarships as that was my only option to get the kind of education that leads to decent job.

I dont think it's up to the government to find people a job, that's something best done by the private sector. Its up to the gov to create an environment where private sector employers can thrive so they can build their business and create new jobs. You create a hostile climate, guess what, the job creators will take full advantage of globalization.

If you need to twist things around so much to try and make your point, I have to wonder just how sound that point is to begin with.

First off, you stupidly link those who depend on handouts (none of which you identified as being an actual handout btw) with being associated with Obama as if any American who receives any assistance is an Obama voter. And you refer to Obama as, "Barry", showing clearly your contempt for the president. At that point, how seriously should your opinion be taken?

I use those inflammatory terms tongue-in-cheek because you have implied quiet clearly that Obama voters are the less desired Americans who are needy of handouts by way of the gov't. You have dismissed the droves of Americans who too are hard-working, esteemed members of our society who also vote for him for other reasons. That shows you're bias playing off as if you actually have an objective view. You think those red states don't have undereducated, poor, gov't-dependent folks who vote for the other party? LOL

High-horse 101, I'm tired of it. Sometimes I think some of you enter these discussions so you can get a pat on the back for overcoming your perceived hardships like you deserve a medal. You think your story is novel to the point it outshines people who too have overcome hardships WITH some help? Please. Look, Many may argue getting good grades and receiving a scholarship is too a handout when you consider there really isn't an alternative to doing well in school or than doing poorly. That's your duty. Why should you receive a HANDOUT for it? Oh, wait....how ya like that?

If you think it's the gov't job to create an environment that encourages the private sector to create jobs, then you are essentially agreeing that the gov't plays SOME role in creating jobs which goes against every criticism you uttered thus far pertaining to how those dependent on the gov't are more burdern than help. Get your story straight and in order, please...