Need some help deciding. Currently looking to spend $40-$50k on a used car in the area. CPO or non-CPO, still deciding. I've come up with a list of 3 cars that I think fit my needs.
- Children: One girl (2 years) / One boy (on the way in Jan), wife has a new SUV that we use 100% of the time for going out with the kids
- car purchasing ~Spring 2013
- invited to at least 3-5 member only track days a year. Currently have to borrow my manager's Cayman S, but would like to get a track worthy car for sessions.
- only drive about 10 miles a day to work, but would primarly use this car on weekends for fun
- to be track worthy
- between $40-$50k
- obviously looking for lowest mileage / best maintained
- some sort of backseat room for car sets (if I had to transport my kids in emergency)
- not sure if CPO would help if I'm keeping this new car low mileage and if tracking the car would void CPO?
My opinions on the 3 choices I've come to...
Porsche 911 (996/997)
- Most Balanced of the bunch
- Probably quickest on the track
- Actually a good amount available in the area
- Already fimiliar with driving Cayman/911 around the track
- Best styling
- uber small backseat
- most expensive to purchase / maintain
- will probably have to buy higher mileage to get within $40-$50k range
- not sure it will pass the wife test
BMW M3 (e92) - Coupe/Sedan
- Amazing engine sound
- Backseat Room in both Coupe/Sedan
- Great track times
- Probably best daily driver
- lots of M3s around here
- becoming hard to find
- $ marked up / popular
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
- More amazing engine sound
- Most backseat room
- Most HP/Torque, Raw power
- Fastest strait line performance
- Auto only
- gas mileage (but, not too concerned)
- very heavy car and probably least track worthy
I've test drove all of them and love each one. But, which one fits my situation the best? Sorry for long post...