View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

I believe that AA has it's place in our society. However, i have recently been a victim of our government taking an idea which has merit in some situations and applying that idea across the board.

We and another vendor have been working on a bid for the past few months to refurbish the ticketing area at our airport. Our bid was $995,000 which was $45,000 lower than the other vendor. The other vendor has been in business in Tampa for over 15 years. Because he is of Cuban decent he determined to be a "disadvantaged business" making him the preferred vendor.

Tell me please, how in America where all people of all nationality and race are all able to do the same things with their freedoms, does being of Cuban decent make for a disadvantage when being in business? This pisses me 2 fold. One as a business owner and one as a tax payer. As a tax payer i'm pissed to have to pay $45,000 more for the same finished product. As a business owner i feel like i'm at a clear disadvantage due to this AA.

I just can't figure out why makes his business disadvantaged? I don't get it.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 09-17-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States