09-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
GrussGott
Captain

Drives: Jerez Black e93 M3

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB M3 View Post
you might want to search this topic as it has been asked before. I will let you know as an E93 owner in the Bay Area my top is dropped 90% of the time.
Yup - I live in San Jose and I basically never have the top up except for when it's parked.

When I drive in to San Francisco, if I take 280, I've had the experience of having temp drop 20 degrees in about 1 min in Oceanview (that was about a month ago), but then you just put the windows up.

As a recent transplant from MN I honestly can't see ever have a non-'vert again; it's like land sailing and I fecking love it.

Now if you're a track guy - or wanna be one - then obviously a 'vert doesn't work with your self-identity

but here's the deal for me: in my 30s I had delusions of hitting the track weekly, now that those are behind me I realize with work, friends, family, etc ... it just ain't happening and even if it did it would be monthly at best.

The daily lack of land sailing for one day a month or less on the track is just a ridiculous trade off for me.

BTW - in my experience, most smokin hot babes don't like the top down - especially over 50 mph - since it messes up their hair ... but then I only have a sample pool of 1.