Major General

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Originally Posted by RLDZHAO View Post
And no more cigars

Honestly, at the rate you are going to the track, it's time for you to get a real race car. Don't get anything fancy, get a SM. We are all taking a lot of financial risks when we put our bimmers on the race track, which at times hinders us from driving truly at the limit. When you don't give a shit about what you drive (i.e. a $10k SM), you become a part of the car. You begin to test the limit at every corner, try different lines, brake later and later...

Regarding better endurance on the track: eating, sleeping, resting, and training right will help. But when you are surrounded by 40 other cars diving and drifting into turn 1 at TWS, you will be wide awake!
Yeah, I've stopped smoking the last two times at the track.

I've been toying with buying a spec Miata. My problem is I will move at least twice in the next 18 months. So the last thing I need is to drag a race car back and forth. Then I need a two vehicle and trailer.

But I think the most viable option for me is to just prep the 330. I just need to strip it out and add a cage/seats. I could technically keep it on the street as long as its registered here in Killeen. It passes a legitimate state inspection without "the hook up" (no emissions). I wouldn't call the place thorough. But damn, the 330 is so clean. The exterior is in awesome shape besides the 3 minor dings and zip tie holding the right side of the bumper on.

In the end, I'm just doing this for fun. Not looking to drive competitively at this point.
2015 F34 328iX GT Glacier Silver
2011 E90 M3 Monte Carlo Blue
2004 E46 M3 Imola Red