View Single Post
      09-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
klammer
Brigadier General

Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5

Just made it back from my epic trek to VIR and back. Drove the tail of the dragon on the way there, actually made the wife drive it, and many side roads there and back and have to say I love this car even more now The roads through the smoky mountains were awesome and VIR is an unbelievable track and can't wait to go back. Managed to meet my goal of breaking 2:20 on the full course (2:18.16) and had 2 other laps in the 2:18's, but felt 2:15's were in me if I had an extra day and my BBK. Had to switch back to my OEM brakes (thank you Ilia and IND for making that happen) and never trusted my brakes out there and was consistently turning in early to scrub even more speed Was dropping my times as I became familiar (big track) with all the idiosyncrasies of this track and there are a ton. Have a ton of pics and vids which will have to wait to next week, but thanks to Von zoom his son and Martin D for making it a great experience and for Doc showing me the "line" out there... Still have much to learn. 2k miles and 50 laps later I am spent and and in total bliss, best car ever