BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Can't speak for others, not everyone who is scared of Obama's platform is a clone of one another. POTUS is a big job, just like any senior leadership role.
You cant devote enough time to that and be father of the year, there are not enough hours in the day. How much time do you think the senior VP's of Google, or Apple, or General Electric, etc. spend with their kids compared to the guy who stocks groceries? There are a LOT of jobs and paychecks dependant on the people at the top of these entities, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I can understand if Obama wants to be the dad he never had, but maybe that means that POTUS is not a good fit for him. As the CNN article I posted says, even Clinton made more time for schmoozing than Obama, when he also had a child in school.
If you're saying that being a good president (or CEO for that matter) means you must be a bad father I simply don't agree. I like that we have a president who takes his job as president seriously and also loves his family and cares about being a good father. Those are fundamental American values which are not mutually exclusive and I admire the president for holding to them.

As far as the president's schmoozing ability it's a little ironic to me that you have these kinds of concerns especially since your party's nominee is (let's face it) not someone anyone even in your party really likes. It's an understatement to say he has a little trouble connecting with people. This is a man who had to rely on his VP pick to make himself legit to his own party. Doesn't speak well of his prospects for getting much done in Washington does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
I guess if people honestly believed the Hope and Change mantra of 2008, then that argument sounds plausible too.....
I know you guys like to moc Obama on every front trying your best to turn the man and everything he does into a punch line. But it's really pretty simple. "Hope and Change" is catchy and sounds uplifting and inspiring. You guys just wish your candidate had thought of it. On the other hand "Take our country back" sounds regressive and fearful. And it also begs the question "just how far do we want to take this country back?" I guarantee not everyone is going to agree on the answer....
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper