Originally Posted by mjposner
That is the issue, they haven't. All they authorized was a $600 diagnosis and cleanup. By delaying, I run into my rental car wall expiration of 30 days. If they approve engine replacement I will be out at least 4 weeks, as it takes 3 to ship the engine form Germany and a week to install. By delaying at least 10 days from the date of the decision, I will eat at least $350 in rental car fees.
Also, not knowing whether they will or won't total is killing me...
Will BMW give you a loaner when the engine is in transit, just during the installation, or none at all? My guess is the later.