BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
240E Update

I have confirmed that as of ISTA/P 47.1.100, the new DME software is 240E.

Yesterday I flashed 240E to my car, which overwrote my Stage II 231E Tune. Programming went without a hitch.

Car fired right up, seemed to have a pretty rough idle (which is not abnormal after flashing). After letting it sit and idle for a few moments, the engine note changed and it sounded like it was running poorly for about 15 seconds. I scanned the car for codes to find a combustion misfire with deterioration fault for each cylinder. No service engine soon light illuminated for this one. I chalk this up to a momentary glitch. Plugs were changed 10K miles ago, and car runs very strong.

After driving the car, I'm sort-of unhappy with the way that it feels. Maybe I'm used to the smoothness/power of my software. Engine note has also noticeably changed, but this is likely due to the fact that my vanos changes were overwritten with the stock file. The car seems much more jerky on the low end and it doesn't feel right. I'm going to drive it around a bit more and see if it smooths out as the adaptations take their course. I also read out the factory 240E file after flashing, and will have some time next week to tune the 240E file and see how it compares to the tuned 231E revisions. I do notice that the car does seem to be a bit smoother with the cold start turned on.

I am incredibly buried with work and am going to do my best to stay on top of this. For all of you that emailed/PMed me, sorry for the slow reply. It's going to take me some time to get back to you. If you call the # in my signature and press 2 for support I'm happy to take phone calls.

Some pictures for you indicating the successful update to 240E, and reading out the stock 240E file:

Stay 'tuned' for more updates
Attached Images

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is online now   United_States