View Single Post
      09-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
scoob4fun

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E92

Car cover in garage bad idea?

Hello-

I am a new owner of a 2011 M3 Coupe. AW and loving it! I have a questions that pertains to keeping the finish perfect as it sits today......

Its not my daily driver and it lives in the garage most of the time. I was thinking about getting a cover to protect the paint and reduce the amount of dust settling when she isnt being driven. I have heard mixed reviews about covers. Can anyone recommend using one or not? Here is what I was looking at purchasing:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...t+car+cover.do

Available Product for Your:
2011 BMW M3 Base Coupe or convertible with 2 mirror pckt

Click here to change your Year/Make/Model Selections

Form-Fit™ Car Cover

Form-Fit™ Covers Hug Every Curve Like Lingerie For Your Car.
This cover is designed for those special cars who reside mostly in the garage. Custom cut and available for only a select few marques. It provides a body-hugging fit and features a super soft inside material to pamper fine paint finishes. A perfect way to enhance your garage and protect your vehicles finish. The outer shell is a woven polyester with a unique Lycra/Spandex® added to the yarn. The results create a stretch/memory cover that keeps its shape and hugs your car like it hugs the road. The inner layer is a 100% cotton terry loop which is sheared to a fleece-like finish. The end result is a 7.4 ounce per square yard material that has a wonderfully soft feel. Breathable so heat or moisture isn't trapped under the cover. Designed for indoor use or limited outdoor use only. It's not water proof. Available in six dynamic colors. A matching storage bag is included. Limited application for some models including Porsche, Ferrari, Acura NSX, Aston Martin, Audi TT, Bentley, Corvette, Viper, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Mercedes, Prowler and Rolls Royce. Call for the availability to your year, make and model. Custom made in the U.S.A.