View Single Post
      08-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #38
In Scotch We Trust

Drives: '69 Chevelle, E90 335

Originally Posted by 328ZSP View Post
what do you think of that 18 to 200 vr lens? i was looking at it for a while but i think im going to get a smaller wide angle or macro lens next.
It's fantastic. Wonderful investment and I was lucky enough to get a copy without too long a wait. It all depends on what you're looking for. You listed a wide angle or macro, which are specialty lenses for certain applications. The 18-200vr is an all-around lens that gives you moderate wide angle, and surprising macro ability. It's not going to be 1:1, but it gets pretty darn close.

For the majority of everyday shooting -- with the exception of ultra wide angle, macro, or super telephoto -- it will do everything you need. Sure it's not the fastest and maybe not pro-quality sharpness or bokeh (I'd say 90% of the way there), but for the money, it's just about as good.
E90 335i, black sapphire metallic, terra dakota, PP, SP, 6MT, cold weather, iPod, CA, burl walnut, LeatherZ ZHP shift knob, 19" M5 reps w/ Kumho Ecsta SPT staggered, BMC drop-in, SSTT. Amen.