Philippines
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Use the .org file (which is your original file), and in the options turn checksum correction off. The stock file already has the correct checksum which will negate the need for the cable to do its own checksum correction (for the stock file only). Should also work fine leaving the checksum correction on, although the preferred method is off for the stock file.

e92zero: Ignition should be on for flashing, keep the door open and prevent it from closing and the ignition should stay on. If the car goes to 'sleep' for one reason or another, I would probably suggest leaving it until it completes, and if it fails, try re-flashing with the ignition on. Not suggested to toggle the start button during flashing, but Sal or Imran will probably have more info on this for you.

Hope this helps

I can't wait for their supercharger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
If the SES light is on after programming the tune, you should start the car four times. After the forth start the CEL will clear. Even though the CEL is on, there will be no faults stored.

Reason for this is that on some cars the ECU needs to be cycled 4 times to clear the bootloader from thinking there is an error with the checksum correction. It will turn off on the fourth start like clockwork.
Great information Mike! I never thought of leaving the door ajar to prevent it from turning off the ignition, haha.

Good to know that it's a number of times of starting the car. I always assumed it was a mileage thing. I guess I coincidentally started the car four times, but was actually focussing on miles.

And yes...their Supercharger will be bad@$$!