BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
First off Nate was off by a large margin in the very last election in 2010. And if I'm taking any advice from a pollster - it would be Charlie Cook (NationalJournalDaily)who is pretty much the dean.

Also - the RealClearPolitics average of all the polls (dem, independt, or repub) shows Obama with a 0.1% lead right now. 0.1% for an incumbent who spent the whole summer attacking his opponent when the other guy could not yet spend his general election funds.

And unlike 2008, Obama will not outgain or outspend his opponent. Romney's campaign is cleaning his clock on fundraising.

But germane to the OP was the fact that the one keystone piece of legislation that the President stated would help us break out of the recession - did the opposite of work, it made the situation worse - using their own metric. People aren't that dumb - they know that Pres. Obama hasn't delivered and that tends to be the death-knell for an incumbent. Not saying impossible to win, but its highly improbable.
Based on all the common wisdom the republicans should not just be winning, they should be crushing the President and walking away with this with election hands down and yet they are not. What that tells me is that this election is unusual for a number of reasons and the facts and numbers that would normally decide this election are not as relevent as they might otherwise be. Mitt Romney is one of the weakest presidential candidates ever to run for office and it shows. This election will be very close but I give the president the advantage, though it's slight, unless something major happens between now and November, which is certainly possible.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper