Originally Posted by nmehta211
I have a 18x10 et 25 square setup currently with 265/35/18 front, 285/35/18 Hankook RS-3 tires. Used for mainly street driving, with 2 track sessions per year.
A few questions:
1. I curbed one wheel pretty badly. Is it possible to get these repainted? I am thinking that it may cost $200 to repaint the Hyper black finish, but my fear is that a repair shop won't be able to match it. Should I just buy a new wheel and keep the curbed one for a spare?
2. I want to switch tires to Michelin PSS. I liked the Hankooks, but in 4k miles of driving and 4 days of track sessions and 1 autocross, the tires look pretty done on the edges. I assume the Michelin will last longer. Should i get the 275/35/18 setup or stay staggered?
3. Also is rotation only front to back or can they be rotated to sides also (Are the michelins directional)?
Thanks in advance. Great wheels---look beautiful on Interlagos Blue!
1. We do not repaint wheels in house unfortunately, but you can have a wheel repair shop try to paint match it. We do know that Hyper Black is a difficult finish to replicate though. Purchasing a new wheel and keeping your curbed wheel as a spare is a very good idea since you track your car and the spare wheel can come in handy.
2. We always recommend a squared tire setup on a squared wheel setup, so we would choose the 275/35/18 tires. With staggered tires on the 18x10" ET25, the front sidewall would be stiffer with the 265/35/18 in comparison to the 285/35/18 sidewall in the rear.
3. The Michelin Pilot Super Sports are asymmetric, meaning that there is an outer and inner sidewall for each single tire, and the tire is mounted onto the wheels in the exact same manner.
Hope that helped!