View Single Post
      09-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
das144
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 997.2

Clear Bra Mess, need some advice

Spent $900 for the front bumper, headlights, and mirrors to be covered. They guy was really nice and he spent like 5 hours working on the car. When he wrapped up we both knew it didnt look 100% and he said to bring the car back to him in a week. He said some of the bubbles should evaporate by that time and he could work on it some more. I agreed and paid the guy.
When I got the car into the light and inspected it more closely I could see it was ugly- there was dirt trapped under the clear all over. I dont know if its just hard to do a clear bra on a black car or if this guy was just sloppy. (My previous cars with clear bras were both space grey) I had some free time tonight and I started to peel the bra off. It came off easy. Car looks great without it.
My dilemma is: Do I just ask this guy for my money back or do I give him a chance to redo the clear? I dont want to take the time to reinstall it only to find its the same mess as before. I feel bad the installer spent 5 hours working and Im asking for my money back but take a look at these pictures.
For me the idea of a clear bra is to protect the paint but it should NOT look worse then what stone chips would look like. The idea is put the clear on when the car is new so it always has a fresh look and no chips. This looks worse then stone chips in my opinion. I know no clear bra install is perfect - let me know if Im being too picky and if I should get a refund.

Even the circle around the mercedes emblem is all jagged.
Attached Images

Last edited by das144; 10-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.