View Single Post
      09-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #28
E46 + E90

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Originally Posted by fuzzybam View Post
Do you have a recommendation for a foam gun?
I use the Gilmour Foamaster II. It does an acceptable job, but no where near the foam levels of the higher end foam guns. For just a detailing enthusiast as myself, it more than suffices.

What DA polisher would you recommend? I'm a noob at using them, but I am tired of the ugly swirl marks on my car and I need to do some minor correction on my wife's AW 328. I'd prefer to not get something that is completely for beginners and will have to step up within a few months of owning, unless that learning step is significantly easier.
Griot's Garage DA 6" Buffer. This buffer is perfect for a beginner all the way to the pros! It's that easy to use, yet even more effective. I think the biggest thing though is using good pads, keeping them clean, and using solid technique.

Have you tried the Power Seal from AF yet? I was debating on that versus the Tough Coat.
I haven't tried Power Seal just yet since I still have quite a bit of Tough Coat left. Seeing some of the reviews on various forums, Power Seal seems to be one of the longer lasting routes for paint protection. I may give it a shot before the winter snow storms hit. As for now though, I am more than happy using Tough Coat and topping it off with either Spirit or Desire.
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread