View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
GIdriver
Major

Drives: 2011 SG/FR E90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman View Post
How do you like your tune? Even though my exhaust is a bit of a hack job do you think I would benefit from the same type of tune?
I like the tune a lot. The car runs smoother and adds approx 15 hp, plus you can delete the cold start if you want, increase RPM and top speed limits.

ESS has designed a tune for the E9x platform, but tailored for specific exhaust options:

1. Stock
2. High flow cats
3. Catless
4. Akrapovic Evolution system (the tune I have).

From what I can see in your pictures it appears you have stock cats, and only the resonators were removed. You have the Akrapovic Slip-on/cat-back exhaust, not the Evolution system. You might want to share pics further up in the exhaust so we can see if you in fact have the stock primaries.

So to answer your second question, you may benefit from the ESS tune but when ordering choose the stock exhaust (once you confirm you have the stock primaries).

Hope this helps.

GIdriver is offline   United_States