View Single Post
      09-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
jagman
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
:
My thoughts precisely. I think a 9th grader in shop class could do a better job welding. The funny thing is I asked a secondary salesman whether the exhaust was legal and the response was is it passed smog testing. I said, "yes, but is it legal". The response... "it passed smog testing". I knew right then and there that he was full of #)%& but I let it go because he wasn't the main guy and ultimately the car had too many other plusses. I asked him earlier today to get back to me with the shop that did the work so I could talk to them directly. He's supposed to call back with that info on Tuesday. We'll see.

The sound... I think it sounds pretty good though it drones on cold start and lower RPMs. Good thing I like to keep her up in the strength of the power band . But seriously, one of the reasons I am thinking about the ESS tune is to help with the cold start and of course taking advantage of the exhaust. I want to speak with the shop first, though, in case they already did some sort of tune.
2008 Alpine White E92 M3: Remote Stage I and DCT tune by BPM Sport (Mike Benvo), remote convenience coding + coding for mDrive w/Euro MDM (no iDrive!!!) & alarm retrofit also by by BPM Sport, Fox Red interior, MRF Velaforza axle back exhaust, resonator delete, carbon fiber BMW badges, black grills, black OEM M3 ZCP 19" wheels
jagman is offline   United_States