View Single Post
      09-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #41
JonNYC
Private

Drives: '12 M3 Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2meg00se View Post
Yeah, I suffered 3 separate accidents at the hands of NYC valets, one of them semi-major. Given the damage, seemed pretty likely that they were joy-riding it.

It's a hell of a pill to swallow when you're paying the garage anywhere from 400 to 700 a month just to park the car (and they insist on fucking it up)...

I hate to say it, but all of the car-related angst that NYC caused me was part of the impetus for me getting the hell out of there.
Yeah, I hear ya on that front. Maybe it's partially in my case that since having done euro delivery on this M3, I can HARDLY WAIT to do my next one! So although I love my M3 cabrio, I just don't let the NYC-caused damage (and it's definitely starting to accumulate) bother me all that much. Some of it is instantly and easily fixable, some of it has zero impact on ride-quality, etc and some of it ya just live with. Not a limited edition car, always another one if I need one-- although I take great care of this one (relatively speaking,) and I enjoy every second in my car be it in NYC or-- better-- escaping it-- often and rapidly.

Garage I park in has Maseratis, Astons, Ferraris, etc-- it's actually -those- people who I think are "a bit nuts..." for driving in NYC (shows its all relative and subjective.) But my M3 is perfectly, perfectly at home here-- just misses its time on the autobahn from time to time