Thread: Real "M" Cars
View Single Post
      09-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #54

Drives: 1999 E36 //MThrizzle

Garage List
1999 E36 M3  [0.00]
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
The X5M and X6M are without a doubt a "M" car.
Agreed ^ The X5M and X6M's are DEFINITELY "M" Cars, simply because when you really mash the gas pedal, all you can really say is "M-M-Motherf**ker this is fast!"

But yes aside from the X5M and X6M, I was surprised when I drove my friends 1M. Yeah there was loads of torque, but for some reason it didn't really have the typical "turbo woes" (lag, power fade towards redline, quiet exhaust rather than a loud, raspy one).

Originally Posted by lthai View Post
There are no real M cars anymore and there hasn't been one since 1999. THERE I SAID IT.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go drive off in my fast S4.

E46 M3? Z3M Coupe with S54? E39 M5? Those are some of the more raw performers, that were just on the start of the path to the current "luxury and comfort" style, which annoys the hell outta me. The new M5 is bats**t fast, but even Car and Driver put it LAST vs. the new S6 and E63 AMG. They said it's too comfy, and that the car just doesn't give you the confidence to go quick all the time (aside from womping on it onto the highway and such).

Don't get me started about the "M550d" and how it "deserves" to wear an M badge. It doesn't. Three turbos are a cool technological advancement, but that doesn't mean it's an M-car. Just my opinion though