View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #32
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Originally Posted by JoM3z
As a kid I watched my neighbor clean and work on his E30 M3 every week. He was a close friend of my father and one day asked if I wanted to help him wash his car in return he'd pay me $20. I would have gladly done it for free, but hey $20 bucks, I'll take it. At that moment I knew I wanted to own one. Back then we didn't have Google, I was armed with Netscape and WebCrawler. I searched for photos and printed them out on my fathers BubbleJet Color printer. I had pictures of the E30 M3 Sport Evolution all over my wall. I was set and had a goal. Few years after college I was fortunate enough to purchase my first E46 M3, but that was short lived. The car was my daily driver and that consisted of me driving my mom. Seeing it's a 2 door and she is at age, having her constantly get in and out of the car didn't make sense.

I had to sell the M3 and opted for a 330i. Life throws you many curve balls, the M3 and I never rekindled. Eventually sold the 330i and went a year without a car. I eventually decided to jump on a 4 door 335i. Went to my local BMW dealer, met with a sales rep. and ask if I can test drive one of their 335i. Right of the bat the guy gave me the run arounds, wasn't helpful at all. Even ask if I can afford one, maybe it was how I was dressed. Yankee fitted, white Ts, sweats and my Air Max 95 gave him false impression that I was young, who knows. At that point I was irritated and just left. On my way home I saw a Lexus dealership and decided to stop by. The sales guy was very helpful and due to my frustration with the BMW dealership, well I eventually drove off with an IS350.

But there is still that void of owning an M car that an IS350 or any other car could not fill. Years passed and I heard BMW was planning on releasing a 4 door M3, I was sooooo excited. No more compromising, my mom and everyone else can ride in my car with out an issue. I was ready to trade in my IS350, when again life throws a curve ball. Got engaged and planned on getting married in the next coming year. My wife now promised after the wedding I can plan on trading in the car for the M3. Being responsible husband that I am opted to purchase a condo instead.

I would constantly visit the forums read up on articles about the M3 and one day my wife took notice. Finally she tells me, "Hun why don't you get your car" I simply replied "Why where we going?" she laughed and says no I mean get your M3 Wait what? Months and months of searching, old flame sparked and that love finally rekindled. That same feeling I got when I was 14 is now happening, 19 years later.

Proud owner...
Awesome story and beautiful ride! Why didn't you end up with the e90 though as you said you loved it?
2008 E90 M3| Sparkling Graphite | Fox Red | 6MT | PDC | Premium Package | Tech Package | Sat Radio |
Moonroof | 19" wheels | Tint | Illuminated ZHP Knob | Increased Clutch Stop | Black Chrome "Edition" Grills