Originally Posted by mspeasl
Well we'll try once again. Hope this will satisfy. Probably not. But here goes.
Who is Mitt Romney:
1. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS. That's good.
2. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. ( How boring is that ? ) That's good.
3. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School... and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed. Where can I review his college records?
4. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America ? Yes, way too square. Never trust a man who doesn't drink alcohol.
5. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around on his wife, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS ! Yeah, vote R for REVERSE! Let's go back to the 1950s!
6. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America's scorn. None of them have served in the military. Hmmm......
7. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest. They also teach about magic underwear, multiple wives, segregation, and if you live a clean life you get your own planet! Awesome! Kinda sounds like that other wacky religion called Scientology!
8. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief. Are you gay?
9. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary. That's because he has no emotion. He's the Mittbot.
10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans. He has no idea what everyday Americans deal with. Get real.
My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it ?
Personal Information much of what is already known:
His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney. He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.
His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan.
He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they five children.
Education: B.A. from Brigham Young University, J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
Religion: Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
Working Background: After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.
In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States.
In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
Some Interesting Facts about Romney:
Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply and many others.
He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.
He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.
He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income.... Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or ..0013%.
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
He will show us his birth certificate - YEAH!
He will show us his high school and college transcripts. - Really, haven't seen them.
He will show us his social security card. - YEAH!
He will show us his law degree. - YEAH!
He will show us his draft notice. - You mean the draft notice he dodged to spend those years in France trying to convert people to his wacky religion?
He will show us his medical records. - Really, prove it.
He will show us his income tax records. - He has shared ONE partial return. This is a crock of shit. He's the tax avoider in chief!
He will show us he has nothing to hide. - Oh yeah, what about his tax returns for 2009 and 2010? He's hiding those!
He won't show us anymore tax years than he already has - Because he's an ass. This will kill him with the independents. What is he hiding???
Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.
You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.
I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it.
But, on the minus side, he never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.